The content of counselling is strictly confidential. Confidentiality applies to all the counsellor’s records with the following exceptions:
- Where the client consents to the confidence being broken.
- Where the counsellor is compelled by a court of law.
- The client discloses information that in the counsellor’s judgement raises ‘safe guarding issues’. This means that the client or others are at serious risk of harm, and includes crime against the person, protection of children at risk from abuse and neglect, or where the client may be at risk of suicide. In these situations, the counsellor has a higher duty to involve other agencies.
- Where the counsellor has concerns for the client’s own mental health, the counsellor may need to speak to the client’s GP or mental health specialist and will inform the client of this.
- Some information will be shared within supervision.
- Sessions will last for 50 minutes unless otherwise negotiated.
- Sessions cost £45 unless otherwise negotiated.
- Payment to be made in cash during the session.
- Skype sessions paid for via PayPal incur a surcharge to cover PayPal fees (3.4% + 20p /transaction).
- 20% deposit needed prior to first astrology session to cover drawing up your birth chart.
- Sessions cancelled with 48 hours’ notice, will not be charged for.
- Cancelled sessions with (less than) <48 hours’ notice will be charged for unless another appointment can be rescheduled for that week.
- Start and finish times are fixed. Therefore if the client is late for an appointment the time will be deducted from the session, i.e. the session will finish at the agreed end time.
- The counsellor requires that all clients be free of the influence of alcohol or drugs during counselling sessions.
- The number and frequency of sessions will be discussed and mutually agreed upon with regular reviews (e.g. every 6 weeks).
These will be adhered to at all times by the counsellor in accordance with the ethical standards of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) and a copy of their code of practice is available upon request.